Saturday, November 28

A good chick lit series does exist

The genre of "chick lit" is usually not considered a good read. Usually, these short books are filled with drama, relationships, and fashion, lacking in any literary value. I do admit that I have been known to read an occasional It Girl or Private series once in a while. It is mindless reading that doesn't require much thought.


A few years ago, my sister and I discovered a series that gives "chick lit" a new feel. Pretty Little Liars is a fresh, new series that gives the reader the typical juicy details and secrets, along with suspense that makes you keep reading. The series follows the lives of four girls who were best friends in middle school. Their clique fell apart when their leader, Allison, disappeared. Now, years later, the four return to their hometown. No longer friends and dealing with the constant struggle of high school, the girls begin receiving messages from the mysterious"A." Somehow, "A" knows each girl's deepest secrets that only Allison knew. Where did Allison disappear to? Who is "A"? Believe me, these questions will keep you reading. You will not be able to put it down.



This series has been around for a few years and Sara Shepard releases new books constantly. The next installment, Heartless, will be released in January, 2010. Here is a list of the series so far:



1. Pretty Little Liars












2. Flawless












3. Perfect









    4. Unbelieveable












    5. Wicked













    6. Killer




















    2 comments:

    Judi said...

    Hmmmm maybe a little too intense for me! :)

    I don't have your e-mail to invite you to Grace and Camille's blogs. Can you e-mail it to me?

    judiweston@aol.com

    I'm glad you are back in the blogging world - now to get your mom on! :)

    Karissa said...

    okay :]

    and I am working on it haha.